Poppin, Poppin Amaranth!
What you need to pop amaranth:
-Small sauce pan with lid
-1 small bowl
-1 large bowl
8oz/1 cup Bob's Red Mill Amaranth
1) Heat small sauce pan on high for 1 minute.
2) Add 8oz/1cup raw amaranth to small bowl.
3) Set larger bowl next to it.
4) To small sauce pan, add 1/2 tbsp amaranth.
5) Quickly put lid on and in about 10 seconds the popping will start to slow down.
6) Take the small pan off heat, and lid off. Add popped amaranth to larger bowl.
7) It will take a couple tries of possibly burning the amaranth, but just take a deep breath and keep giving it a try, playing with the amount of heat.
From this: To this:
-1 cup popped amaranth
-1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
-1/2 cup chopped Mission figs (cut off stems, first)
-6 tbsp sunflower seeds
-6 tbsp pumpkin seeds
-6 tbsp coconut oil
-1/2 cup molasses
-1/2 cup sun butter or almond butter
-1 tsp cinnamon
9x13 sheet pan.
1) Place popped amaranth in a large bowl.
2) In a small sauce pan on medium heat add coconut oil, molasses, nut butter, and cinnamon.
3) Melt until creamy and easy to stir.
4) Add to the large bowl of popped amaranth, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, apricots and Mission figs.
5) Pour molasses, nut butter mix over the mix.
6) Stir until completely coated.
7) In the 9x13 sheet pan, evenly spread the mix.
8) Set in refrigerator and let cool 60 minutes.
#nobakeamaranthbars #glutenfree #vegan #lowsugar #groundingvatasnack #naturalsugar #easysnack #healthysnack