Recipe: Herbed Butternut, Squash, Sweet Potato Casserole
Herbed Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Casserole
This casserole is great for a fall/ winter potluck and is easy on digestion.
1/4 cup ghee or extra virgin olive oil
3 small leeks (cut up to the white part)
1/4 tsp Hing (Asafetida in Indian grocery stores) or garlic
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch chunks
3 cups roughly chopped butternut squash
3 T chopped parsley
3 T chopped fresh thyme
3 T lemon juice
1 cup Vegetable stock or water
1/2 cup heavy organic cream
Salt and pepper
Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
1) Spread the ghee or oil in the bottom of a medium sized casserole dish.
2) Add the cut/chopped veggies into the casserole dish and add more ghee or oil on top.
3) Sprinkle the herbs over the dish and mix with hands.
4) Pour the cream or stock over the dish.
5) Top with salt and pepper.
6) Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes.