Autumn Harvest Chewy Anytime Cookies
I feel a bit guilty. I have not shared this recipe with anyone, and only recently started sharing the actually cookies. In my defense, the cookies weren't making it out of the kitchen because they were being gobbled up so fast!
I am often looking for treats that everyone can enjoy, regardless of food restrictions or cutting back on added/processed sugars (by the way; let's all agree, adding maple syrup, honey, agave etc is STILL added sugar, especially when added in 1/2-1 cup measurements. Call it by any other name, it's going to spike your blood sugar no matter).
This cookie is a result of having some over ripe fruit, and a lonely sweet potato and a whole lot of delicious warming spices to boost agni/digestion.
The sweetness comes from nuts, ripe fruits, raisins, and balance of spices with salt.
So enjoy the process of baking, and sit down in the sun and bask in the deliciousness of life and these cookies. :)
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup ground pecans
1/4 cup ground cashews
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup ground gluten free oats
1 mashed ripe banana
1 shredded sweet potato
1 shredded apple
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1) Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
2) In a large mixing bowl add the ground nuts, coconut, oats, spices, and salt. Stir together.
3) Mash banana and add the shredded sweet potato, raisins, apple, and coconut oil.
4) Add 3 eggs and blend into the mix.
5) Add baking powder and stir.
6) On a cookie sheet I use a 4cm cookie scoop and get about 9 cookies per tray.
7) Bake 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden brown on top.
Tips: Use a Nutribullet or food processor to blend the nuts.
Store these in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. I did not store my first batch in
the refrigerator and they were moldy after 4 days. :/